Marsh Dweller

The Tomb is Empty

Where did the water come from?

Published by Carson Braswell under on 9:11 AM
Hey guys so it has been a while since I have been on here. I have been doing well just in the Mac computer lab at my school, The Macs here run on windows (for those of you who know what that means I think that might be classified as a sin haha). Yesterday as I made my way out of the financial aid office, I came to the conclusion that all financial aid people are in a bad mood all the time, however, I learned that I still have HOPE. You know the scholarship, which is really good news because I swore it was gone forever. Apparently I made a 'B' in my history class last semester which threw me through a loop, but I'm not going to complain.

So last Thursday my grandfather passed from this life to the next. It was the first death in my family that I have had to experience. I learned that funerals are no fun, but they do provide me with questions. Questions such as, is this all real? Am I really saved? Whats going to happen when I die? How is the Gospel affecting my life? I have learned a lot through my grandfathers death, the Gospel as come to life I can now apply it to reality. Before I felt as though I treated the Gospel as just something that I'm studying and I hate to say this but it almost seem like something in just a story book. Its more than that, It's LIFE! I believe that now it has become more alive in my life. Im not saying that now I'm saved, that happened when I was seven, but God's grace is becoming more clear to me. It's amazing to know that even with this body of flesh, God chose us not based on anything that we have done, we didn't choose him. Even when we were all deserved of God's wrath, he sent his son Jesus Christ, God in the flesh to absorb the wrath of sin when he was crucified on the cross so that we may now have eternal life. Not only did he take on all the sins of the world when he was crucified but he defeated sin by rising three days later from the dead. What a savior we serve. Last fall I prayed that God would help me understand and fall in love with the doctrine of grace. Through this past year he has done just that. He helped me understand why we are in such need of his grace, that without it we would be perish. Now through the Holy Spirit and Christ sitting as the mediator on the right hand of the father we can have a relation with a almighty savior. Glory to God!

To those of you who read this, Grace, mercy and peace be with you through our Lord Jesus Christ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My World

My World
Peyto Glacier

My Best Friends

My Best Friends
Billy, Me, Brett, and Kyle

What Up?

My photo
To figure me out its quite easy, I love God and the outdoors! I was born dead covered with sin but my savior and redeemer Jesus Christ the Nazarene washed away my sin, and gave me eternal life through the precious gift of Grace, by willingly giving himself up as the ultimate sacrifice on a cross. He has given me the ability to worship him through the outdoors. I love mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking, and backpacking! One thing that gets my blood rushing is packing up the truck and getting out of town!

Friends