Marsh Dweller

The Tomb is Empty

Chacos or Not?

Published by Carson Braswell under on 8:18 PM
So I know what you are thinking! Is he seriously making a post about Chacos, well the answer is yes, I'm a dork. Last night I went into my dad's room and the first thing that came out of his mouth was "NO SHOES ON THE CARPET!" Of course I'm not going to argue with a cranky father but I began to wonder, am I doing more harm than good by taking off my Chacos in the house? For those of you who are frequent Chaco users, you found out that by the first week or so of wearing this strange "Moses" Sandals that they have this certain stench that is quite unique. Those of who that dont have Chacos, I don't know how to describe the smell in words so... I guess you'll have to take a trip to your local REI and get a pair. They are highly recommend (Channing says they are orthopedic approved). You will have healthy stinky feet. Anyway after a days use of my Chacos, my feet reek and accumulate some nasty junk on the bottom of my foot, I'm not really sure what it is. One night, as I was coming in from work, I took them off and left a black imprint of my foot on the carpet, nasty I know! This is not the most wonderful sight for my dad see as he came in from work. No matter what if I take my Chacos off I hear crap and if I leave them on I hear more crap. So this is my stance on the subject of Chaco cleanliness, taking off your Chacos to help with the tracking in of dirt is a waste of time and actually causing more harm than good! But I would love to hear what you have to say so leave me a comment expressing your opinion...

2 comments:

Canyon Shearer, DMin said... @ May 7, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Never had that problem with my Columbia Sportswear ones. :) They're not Moses-esc though!

tori said... @ May 18, 2009 at 11:49 PM

ha.. i feel ya. except.. mine arent quite as bad as yours. maybe because they're brown? or maybe i just dont have boy feet. thats probably half the problem.
haha.. maybe when you get in the house have like cheapo flip flops ready to put on.. or some socks.

Post a Comment

 

My World

My World
Peyto Glacier

My Best Friends

My Best Friends
Billy, Me, Brett, and Kyle

What Up?

My photo
To figure me out its quite easy, I love God and the outdoors! I was born dead covered with sin but my savior and redeemer Jesus Christ the Nazarene washed away my sin, and gave me eternal life through the precious gift of Grace, by willingly giving himself up as the ultimate sacrifice on a cross. He has given me the ability to worship him through the outdoors. I love mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking, and backpacking! One thing that gets my blood rushing is packing up the truck and getting out of town!

Friends